TITLE: Development Coordinator
REPORTABILITY: Executive Director
Reporting to and in collaboration with the Executive Director, this individual will lead efforts to solicit funds from individuals, corporate sponsors, private foundations, and government programs to support the operations of California Foundation of Agriculture in the Classroom. Fund development includes mission-aligned partnerships as well as program specific sponsorships.
- Manage an existing portfolio of annual sponsors for National Ag Week, Sacramento Farm Day, CA AITC Annual Conference, and What’s Growin’ On? sponsorships.
- Develop sponsor relations and agreements to support the California Agriculture in the Classroom annual conference.
- Develop prospective sponsors, donors, and new partnerships based on current giving levels that appeal to a wide array of budgets.
- Work with the Executive Director to create a comprehensive list of approved sponsorable opportunities for the organization and for the annual conference.
- Serve as a conduit of communication between sponsors and AITC to ensure sponsors are adequately recognized. Create new programs that will attract new donors.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, agriculture, fund development, or related field.
- Working knowledge of state and federal regulation requirements for fundraising compliance.
- Background or experience in agriculture and/or education is preferred.
- Excellent decision-making, time management and project management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven business acumen and financial management skills.
- Proven organizational and analytical skills.
- Travel required, including occasional overnights.