National Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Search Lesson Plans & Companion Resources
A Handful of Dirt
This award-winning children's book teaches that the food you eat, the clothes you wear, and even the home you live in, have their origin in the soil.
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Caring for the Land
- Color in the Garden
- Exploring Texture in the Garden (Grade 3)
- Exploring Texture in the Garden (Grades K-2)
- How Much Is Dirt Worth? (Grades 3-5)
- Keeping Soil in Its Place
- Secrets to Healthy Soils
- The Rotten Truth
- The Soil Chain
- The Soil We Grow In
- What Makes Up Your Profile?