National Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Search Lesson Plans & Companion Resources
From the Ground Up: The Science of Soil
From the Ground Up is a website full of resources for soil science in the classroom. Find video clips, lesson plans, career highlights, and interactive games.
The Science of Soil
Nutrients for Life Foundation and Discovery Education
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Can We Have Too Much of a Good Thing?
- Color in the Garden
- Fertilizers and the Environment (Grades 6-8)
- In Search of Essential Nutrients (Grades 6-8)
- Keeping Soil in Its Place
- People and Plants Need Nutrients
- Plant Nutrient Deficiencies (Grades 9-12)
- Plant-Soil Interactions (Grades 6-8)
- Properties of Soils (Grades 6-8)
- Secrets to Healthy Soils
- The Right Diet for Your Plants
- The Soil Chain
- The Soil We Grow In
- Types by Texture
- What Makes Up Your Profile?
- What's Your pH?
- What's in Soil?