National Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Search Lesson Plans & Companion Resources
Cattle Kids: A Year On the Western Trail
This book is a fun photo essay teaching young readers about the life of kids on a cattle ranch. They will meet girls and boys who help on their family's cattle ranches and take part in many aspects of the ranch. Students will enjoy looking at the important jobs performed by other children their age and making comparisons to their own chores. The book provides an accurate look at western cattle ranching.
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Beef Basics
- Cattle in California History
- FoodMASTER: Meat, Poultry and Fish
- Making a Brand for Ourselves the "Cowboy" Way
- Milk or Meat? Beef or Dairy?
- Where Did Your Hamburger Come From?