National Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Search Lesson Plans & Companion Resources
Chicks & Chickens
Chicks & Chickens illustrates and teaches about the production of eggs. You will learn how eggs are produced for human consumption and how fertilized eggs develop into embryos and grow to be fuzzy baby chicks. Readers will also learn about various chicken breeds, behaviors and terms.
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Be a DetEGGtive!
- Eggology (Grades 3-5)
- Eggology (Grades K-2)
- Eggs in the World of Food Choices
- Eggs: From Hen to Home
- FoodMASTER: Eggs
- From Chicken Little to Chicken Big (Grades 3-5)
- Hatching Science with Classroom Chicks (Grades 3-5)
- Hatching Science with Classroom Chicks (Grades K-2)
- Inside the Egg, Hatching Chicks (Grades 3-5)
- Inside the Egg, Hatching Chicks (Grades K-2)