National Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Search Lesson Plans & Companion Resources
The Food Timeline
Ever wonder what foods the Vikings ate when they set off to explore the new world? How Thomas Jefferson made his ice cream? What the pioneers cooked along the Oregon Trail? Who invented the potato chip...and why? Welcome to the Food Timeline! Food history presents a fascinating buffet of popular lore and contradictory facts. Some people will tell you it's impossible to express this topic in exact timeline format. They are correct. Most foods we eat are not invented; they evolve.
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Spice It Up
- The Columbian Exchange of Old and New World Foods (Grade 5)
- The Columbian Exchange of Old and New World Foods (Grades 6-8)
- The Columbian Exchange of Old and New World Foods (Grades 9-12)
- The QUEST for the Whole Enchilada
- Wheat: Ancient and Ageless
- Where Does It Come From?