National Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Search Lesson Plans & Companion Resources
Dairy cows are amazing animals. This printable student reader takes kids through the basics of milk production, how dairy cows are cared for, important vocabulary, and why milk is part of a healthy diet.
Kevin Daugherty and Monica Pastor
USDA-Agriculture in the Classroom, Illinois AITC, and Arizona AITC
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- A Day Without Dairy
- Cowabunga! All About Dairy Breeds
- FoodMASTER: Milk and Cheese
- It's a MOO-stery! (Grades 3-5)
- Milk Makin' Math
- Sun, to Moo, to You!
- The Ultimate Efficient Recycler
- Where Does Your Food Come From?: An Augmented Reality Lesson