National Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Search Lesson Plans & Companion Resources
This 18-page downloadable PDF reader contains activities and articles to enhance lessons on soil. The reader features an interview with an agriculture engineer and includes puzzles, quizzes, and visuals. The student reader and teacher guide are available free from the Nutrients for Life Foundation.
Nutrients for Life Foundation
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Color in the Garden
- How Does Your Garden Grow? (Grades 3-5)
- How Much Is Dirt Worth? (Grades 3-5)
- How Much Is Dirt Worth? (Grades 6-8)
- Plant Growth Affects the Soil (Grades 3-5)
- Plant-Soil Interactions (Grades 3-5)
- Plants Around You (Grades 3-5)
- Properties of Soils (Grades 3-5)
- Secrets to Healthy Soils
- Soil Texture and Water Percolation
- Types by Texture
- What Makes Up Your Profile?
- What's in Soil?