National Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Search Lesson Plans & Companion Resources
Soil! Get the Inside Scoop
This book will help get kids excited about the living world of soil. Targeted for children aged 9-12, this 36-page, full-color book explores how soil is part of our life-the food we eat, the air we breathe, the water we drink, the houses we live in, and more. Along the way, readers learn about different kinds of soil and meet the scientists who work with soil every day.
David L. Lindbo
Soil Science Society of America
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Caring for the Land
- Color in the Garden
- Digging Into Nutrients
- How Much Is Dirt Worth? (Grades 3-5)
- Keeping Soil in Its Place
- Properties of Soils (Grades 3-5)
- Properties of Soils (Grades 6-8)
- Secrets to Healthy Soils
- Soil Texture and Water Percolation
- Terrariums: A Look at the Living and Nonliving World
- The Rotten Truth
- The Soil Chain
- What Land Works Best?
- What Makes Up Your Profile?
- What's in Soil?