National Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Search Lesson Plans & Companion Resources
Mountains of Jokes About Rocks, Minerals, and Soil
Each chapter of this book introduces a new geology concept and gives a couple of related jokes or riddles. Read some fascinating science facts about soil, gems, volcanoes, and mountains. Then learn some seriously silly jokes! There is even a section of the book that teaches you to write your own jokes about rocks, minerals, and soil!
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Caring for the Land
- Exploring Texture in the Garden (Grade 3)
- Exploring Texture in the Garden (Grades K-2)
- Growing Plants in Science and Literature, More Than an Empty Pot (Grades 1-2)
- Growing Plants in Science and Literature, More Than an Empty Pot (Grades 3-4)
- How Much Is Dirt Worth? (Grades 3-5)
- Keeping Soil in Its Place
- Secrets to Healthy Soils
- Soil Texture and Water Percolation
- Terrariums: A Look at the Living and Nonliving World
- The Soil Chain
- Vermicomposting (Grades 1-2)
- Vermicomposting (Grades 3-5)
- What Land Works Best?
- What Makes Up Your Profile?
- What's in Soil?