National Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Search Lesson Plans & Companion Resources
Rocks and Soil
What is sand made of? What is erosion? What is clay used to make? The Investigate series encourages science inquiry with an interactive, investigative, and visual approach to a wide range of core curriculum topics. The format allows students to use scientific processes such as prediction, hypothesis, and inference in answering a series of questions on important topics throughout the book.
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Caring for the Land
- Exploring Texture in the Garden (Grade 3)
- Exploring Texture in the Garden (Grades K-2)
- Growing Plants in Science and Literature, More Than an Empty Pot (Grades 1-2)
- Growing Plants in Science and Literature, More Than an Empty Pot (Grades 3-4)
- How Much Is Dirt Worth? (Grades 3-5)
- Keeping Soil in Its Place
- Secrets to Healthy Soils
- Soil Texture and Water Percolation
- Terrariums: A Look at the Living and Nonliving World
- The Soil Chain
- Vermicomposting (Grades 1-2)
- Vermicomposting (Grades 3-5)
- What Land Works Best?
- What Makes Up Your Profile?
- What's in Soil?