National Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Search Lesson Plans & Companion Resources
TEDMED Talk: What Does the World Eat?
Peter Menzel is a freelance photojournalist known for his coverage of international feature stories on science and the environment, and his wife Faith D’Aluisio is a former award-winning television news producer. In this 14-minute talk, Menzel discusses the projects they have undertaken together, including publishing The Hungry Planet. He further explores the changes they have observed in what and how people eat around the world, touching on issues such as obesity and food security.
Peter Menzel & Faith D’Alusio
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Cultures, Food, and Communities Around the World
- Filling the Global Grocery Bag
- Food Choices and Sustainability
- Food Systems Feed the World
- Global Food Security
- Hunger and Malnutrition (Grades 3-5)
- Hunger and Malnutrition (Grades 6-8)