National Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Search Lesson Plans & Companion Resources
The Soil Center provides a collection of soil science lessons and an accompanying six-segment video program covering topics like soil texturing, living and nonliving components of soil, erosion, and more. These resources were designed specifically for Utah fourth-grade students but can easily be adapted for other grade levels.
Utah Agriculture in the Classroom
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Caring for the Land
- Color in the Garden
- Dark Days
- How Much Is Dirt Worth? (Grades 3-5)
- How Much Is Dirt Worth? (Grades 6-8)
- Keeping Soil in Its Place
- Plant Growth Affects the Soil (Grades 3-5)
- Plant-Soil Interactions (Grades 3-5)
- Properties of Soils (Grades 3-5)
- Secrets to Healthy Soils
- Soil Texture and Water Percolation
- Texturing: The Big Picture
- The Rotten Truth
- The Soil Chain
- Vermicomposting (Grades 1-2)
- Vermicomposting (Grades 3-5)
- What Land Works Best?
- What Makes Up Your Profile?
- What's in Soil?
- Working Worms