National Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Search Lesson Plans & Companion Resources
From Moo to You Video
This 26-minute program from the Gee Whiz in Agriculture series explores a dairy food processing plant that makes many of our favorite foods, such as cheese, butter, and ice cream. Why "milk does a body good" and why it's considered nature's most perfect food are emphasized. A direct comparison of the nutrient values of milk and soft drinks are made, along with other nutritional considerations. This video can be purchased on DVD or accessed on YouTube.
University of Kentucky
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- A Day Without Dairy
- Blue's the Clue: Souring Milk for Science (Grades 6-8)
- Cowabunga! All About Dairy Breeds
- It's a MOO-stery! (Grades 3-5)
- Sun, to Moo, to You!
- The Ultimate Efficient Recycler
- Whipping Butter into Shape