National Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Search Lesson Plans & Companion Resources
Embryology and Poultry Resources
This website provides a variety of resources to help teachers set up incubators and make a simple brooding box for their classrooms. It comes from Lancaster County, Nebraska, where nearly 4,000 third graders in 175 classrooms at 53 schools incubate, candle and watch eggs hatch as part of the 4-H Embryology School Enrichment program.
Find resources such as a free, printable 17" x 22" Chicken Growth and Development poster as well as incubation instructions for teachers, which include videos illustrating how to set up an incubator and a brooder.
Nebraska Extension in Lancaster County
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Eggology (Grades 3-5)
- Eggology (Grades K-2)
- From Chicken Little to Chicken Big (Grades 3-5)
- From Chicken Little to Chicken Big (Grades K-2)
- Hatching Science with Classroom Chicks (Grades 3-5)
- Hatching Science with Classroom Chicks (Grades K-2)
- Inside the Egg, Hatching Chicks (Grades 3-5)
- Inside the Egg, Hatching Chicks (Grades K-2)