Taste and Teach
The Taste and Teach application is now closed
Raley's, Stater Bros. and the California Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom are offering an opportunity for you to Taste and Teach. Selected teachers will receive a $100 gift card to Raley's, Bel Air Markets and Nob Hill or Stater Bros. grocery stores to purchase featured California-grown commodities (fruits, vegetables and nuts!) each month beginning in September and ending in August.
Participants will also receive a binder full of helpful resources, including instructions on how to lead students in a taste test while meeting California Academic Standards. The program requires teachers to complete a formative and summative online evaluation. California K-12 teachers will be selected.
Please only apply if you are a teacher with access to a Raley's, Bel Air Markets and Nob Hill or Stater Bros. grocery stores.
During this time of distance learning, helping students learn where their food and fiber comes from is a critical message! As we are all adapting, we have included a few ways the Taste and Teach program can continue to be a valuable part of your classroom:
- Purchase commodities and send them home with the students during their resource pick-ups and then taste the commodities virtually together.
- If schools start the year with a modified schedule or transition to a modified schedule, tastings can be completed in the classroom and activities can be completed online.
- Videos about the commodities will be shared throughout the binder and in the monthly email communication that you can share with their classes digitally.
- Taste Test Instruction Ideas
- Taste Test Student Journal
- November—Table Grapes
- February—Leafy Greens
- March—Green Beans
- June—Dairy Foods
- Additional Resources